Monday, June 21, 2010

simple pleasures

weekend was filled with time spent with family

time for celebrating and catching up...

time to go visit my grand mama's home and play under the ciku tree

time to go look for durian's with cousins...

time to use your senses to see if the durian is ripe...

time to pick up the durian....

time to sit on the grass and enjoy the durian, it was awesome!

Gavin loves durian...inherited the Asian genes
time to take pictures with our mums home....

okay my time to.....ya da ya da thing is getting boring.... this is the abandoned chicken coop. when mama was alive, we had turkey, chicken, duck, geese and i would wake up in the morning to go collect eggs.

iron brass bed that we used to sleep in as kids. its like a freaking beautiful bed with opal engraved in it.......

this well is situated next to the kitchen area.. now three fishes live inside. Every time we go back to mama's house, we feel emo, cause its all falling apart.

I never met my mum's dad, but I heard that he was a man who lived a good life, always dressed in a white suit, smoke pipes and plays the violin.

I met my grandmama, she left us when i was about 5. I always remember her donned in her kebaya and sarong, with a sanggul. She was just like how her children described her, patient. She was uneducated, but very smart.

so sad i see other people got grandparents but i don't.

i should be grateful that i still have my parents. yesh.

Lovesssssssssssssssssss you

No comments: