Friday, January 18, 2008

Stagnant

That’s what my life is right now.
Stagnant, like water not flowing…
Staying at home, all day, not doing anything productive can be really b.o.r.i.n.g.
Well, not that I am not doing anything productive , like I do help around, but doing house chores are really boring too. I wonder how my mum survived all these years doing everything on her own. I guess people born in the past generation are different, much stronger; I am really weak compared to her.

So today I am going to blog about one of my biggest fears, that is anything involve a slight hint of horror, spooky stuff, then I’ll get really scared.
I know as a Christian I am not suppose to fear as faith overcomes fear,
Timothy 1:7 (New International Version)
7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
Psalm 112:7-8 (New International Version)
7 He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
8 His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.

But I am still so scared, and my friends in university are horror freaks, they love watching horror movies.
Sometimes I feel like I am really put into a situation where I am the lame one, where when we all go out for a movie, everyone wants to watch the latest horror movie, and I say I don’t watch horror movies, and I’ll say like go ahead, I’ll do something else.
Then everyone will say something like, no I won’t watch if you don’t watch.
Then I have no choice but to watch, and I’ll be stuck in the cinema closing my eyes and ears for the whole two hours which is really miserable.

I don’t blame them, as they don’t get my fear.

I think there are much more beautiful things in life where we should sought after instead of the feeling of being afraid, negative feelings.

These are some images of simple things in life which i regard as beautiful,

Smilling babies!



Bubbles somehow makes me happy!

Lush green, trees makes me happy. I have always had a vision driving down a road covered by a canopy of trees, breathing in the crisp fresh air...


Horses running freely in the wild, I have never seen it, but i picture it as a beautiful sight.

What do you picture as beautiful?

Till then, Sarah XOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

against my own will, my concept of beauty is inextricably linked to beautiful people and beautiful THINGS.

i like how yours isn't. rather, there aren't any objective standards applied to the kind of beauty you appreciate. in fact, it's all very subjective (almost any baby is beautiful, no?) and at the end of the day, there's nothing contrived about natural beauty. they are made more beautiful possibly due their personal ignorance of how beautiful they truly are.

beautiful people and beautiful things however, exist in a state of constant self-awareness. as if they were made solely to perpetuate their own beauty. and that awareness corrodes their charm, if only a little. don't you think?

alas, i shouldn't be using your blog as a vent.

kisses, my dear. keep blogging :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for ur long comment. i forgot to mention, you are one of the things in life i consider as beautiful. Take care!