Wednesday, September 22, 2010

holga 135bc review


I bought my Holga 135bc (bc stands for black corners) a couple of months back. i was contemplating between the 120 and 135 but later settled on the 135 because not all shops develop 120mm films.

I've used up 2 rolls of film so far, the first one FujiChrome Sensia 200 Slide Film 35mm (Expired) and my second roll, the Official Lomography International Redscale 35mm Film (Fresh). There is an ongoing roll which I am using now, a Kodak film i bought straight from the photo shop.
i was lost and completely new to film cameras. The first camera i used was already digital. I did read up online for tips and how to use. But it came with a pretty useful manual on how to load film, basic functions and so on.
When my holga arrived, i was suprised at how light it was. It was basically like a toy camera made out of plastic. Even after i loaded in the film, i was doubting its capability of capturing pictures. lol
So i got in my first 2 rolls of pictures the other day. And to my horror as i expected, my second roll of film, the red scale on was empty. But as i examined it, there were a few shadows in the developed film, so i have no clue what went wrong.
But here are a few pictures from my first roll, and i am so pleased with the results!








pictures taken at my home in Malacca.

i purchased my camera at rofl camera, they are really nice and provide feedback too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi. i'm new to lomo too. and there's only few stores in melaka sells lomo cams right? so how you got those films processed? can you recommend me what stores to get 'em processed? :)

sarahyanli said...

basically just any shop that still develop film rolls ;)

The Bear Is Hot said...

Melaka what place got sell this Holga 135/ 135bc?