Sunday, May 5, 2013

Malaysia's GE 13

All the hoohah which has been going on for a while has lead to today, my tanah air's 13th election.

I am a first time voter. And leading to this, I was flooded with information to be mindful about the dirty tricks that might be used which made me rather nervous...fast forward to today, I arrived at a primary school in melaka at about 9am. Everything was orderly, with a 50 meters line ahead of me. In about 20 minutes, I was in the school ready to be verified.

After I got inked on my finger, I carefully collected my 2 ballots, one for dun klebang and one more for parliament tangga batu and headed to my pooling booth. I cast my votes bearing in mind to not stain my paper. Soon after I dropped my ballots in the clear see through box. Thank you God for the smooth process.

I don't know how exactly the process will be after this, but I pray that my vote will be made count. Somehow nowadays every time I think about tanahairku where I spent all my life in, I get a pang of sadness. There are still a lot of goodness I encounter around me despite all the negativity and I hope she recovers soon to be healthy again.

“hope is a good thing. maybe the best of good things. and no good thing ever dies”
― the shawshank redemption

No comments: