Tuesday, December 11, 2007

eighteen

Oh well, I am finally eighteen. Turned eighteen on 8th of December, so happy belated birthday to me!
Only now i have the time to blog about my birthday.

My friends had a surprise party planned for me.
There were many spoilers though, before my party a few people had came up to me and told me that they couldn’t attend tonight and ill go like huh, what’s going on tonight. Then they will realize I didn’t know and come up with some lame thing like oh we are going to mamak tonight, like so obvious right...

The actual plan was supposed to be me, Kimi, Faiz, and Hiran go out to have dinner to celebrate my birthday at this café with a live band.
I was kinda disappointed at first when I asked my close classmates, Nat and Amanda if they wanted to join, they told me they were going for Karaoke instead.
When I got there, the live band started singing happy birthday to me and literally EVERYONE I knew was there, even friends whom I didn’t expect to come was there singing happy birthday to me! It was kind of awkward being the centre of attention as everyone was staring.

Thanks to Kimi for planning the surprise party, and of course Nat, Darren, and Darrel for booking the place, and to everyone for coming. Its just a great feeling to celebrate your birthday with the thought where people actually care about you, and made time to come! I really appreciate that..
Ivan, Justin, Caryn and some other people got me helium balloons. They heard from someone that i liked making a wish and letting them go, so they got me that. They said it wasnt easy looking for helium baloons in the middle of the night. And Catherine even got me a hot pink G-String lingerie..hahhahha

I felt really bad as I couldn’t play a good host to everyone as there were too many people and the live band was really loud.
So a few friends asked me this question,
How does it feel being eighteen and legal?

Seriously, I feel the same. I can’t feel being eighteen just after I turned eighteen.
But I can tell you what being seventeen feels like,
It’s a mixture of feelings for me,
First was having to leave home for university, that was a major step in my life…but it made me more independent. Being seventeen is a transition between life where its time to leave teenage hood and to be prepared for young adulthood! Seventeen feels great, and i hope being eighteen would be a blast too!

Okay, pictures...

















My birthday cakes! Really good...














Friends..... who made it happen
Thanks for the presents everyone! i love each and everyone of them! I didnt get to take pictures with everyone, as I didnt have my digital camera with me. :-(
woooohoooo, i am eighteen. Congratulations Sarah for making it this far, way to go!

3 comments:

Rui Shuang said...

wow..looks like you had a great bday celebration with ur new frenz there..must be very happy..
happy birthday again! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks! it was really nice but again really different without u guys!

caryn-lurves-loomi said...

olla..
actually..me and ivan tot of it..
hehe..XD