Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Friends

Have you had a friend?
Who was not your best friend?
A friend who has always been good to you?
But somehow, you two are not in contact anymore.

I have a story to tell,
When I was young, ever since I was in Standard 1 to Standard 6,
I traveled to school by bus,
At first I was very afraid of going to school and back by bus,
Because I scared the bus will leave me,
So my mum found this girl who takes the same bus,
My classmate of standard 1 to 6,
And asked us to make friends and that we would look out for the bus for each other.

So we became friends,
Went to school and back everyday together,
In class we had our own friends,
It was during going back time,
While waiting for the bus,
Or in the bus,
We would hang out.

She is an Indian girl.
A very, very nice girl.
We used to sit in the bus together everyday,
Sharing snacks on the way back.
And on Deepavali, she would bring me cookies.

Then came form 1 when I shifted to a neighborhood much nearer to my school,
So mum started sending me to school.

And we didn’t see each other anymore,
Once a while ill bump into her in school,
A simple hi and how are you,
And that’s it.

Yesterday I had a dream of her.

Today isn’t the first time that I am actually thinking of her.

I really wish that we are still in contact.

Now all I can do is to pray that she is in her best of health and doing good.

Friends come, Friend go,
But I believe TRUE friends,
Always stay in your heart.

So,
Have you had a friend?
Who was not your best friend?
A friend who has always been good to you?
But somehow, you two are not in contact anymore.


4 comments:

cluelessfreak said...

so touching. but my best friend still in contact! woots.

Anonymous said...

she is my bus friend not best friend. yeah i know so sad..huhuhu

Rui Shuang said...

so ngam i just blogged bout true friends.
yeah, true friends stay in your heart no matter how far they are from you.
Just like you n me. :)

minQi said...

sarah...i love reading your blogs..true friends stay in your heart forever and ever..and i believe it.. =)
try to contact her if u can..yea.