Monday, March 18, 2013

Red lip

Do you fancy a red lip? actually I've been obsessed with it for some time, I just don't wear it out much afraid that it might look a little too much, so I leave the red lip for special occasions. 

Here are some of red lip products that I use...I prefer gloss and stains compared to lip stick as the latter makes my lips chap..

1. Levres Fix’Intense Lipstick and Lipgloss by Yves Rocher in rose orchidee
-extremely long lasting and had a velvety finish..it has a gloss on the other end..but if you like the matte look you can leave it as it is, can get a little drying, but good for dinners where you wouldn't need to reapply.

2. Essence Stay With Me Long-Lasting Lipgloss in berry me
-this for me is a winner! It's very inexpensive and I love love it, I stumbled upon this brand at a Watson's drug store. It's not sticky, smells good and easy application. I've been trying to find a Watson's that carry this brand but have not..and I can't remember which one I bought it from. 

3. Rouge Dior in celebrity red
-my favorite red lipstick, it's a bright red with slight orange under tones. Their best selling lip stick but think it has been discontinued...I wore this for my vintage photo shoot and it lasted the entire afternoon.

4.  Yves rocher pure laque in rouge captivant
According to their website it describes that it has the covering power of lipstick, as shiny as a gloss, this lip lacquer intensely colours the lips and highlights their plumpness. Intense, luminous colour that adheres to the lips perfectly without drying. I would add that it has very very fine glitter that gives it a pretty shine. 

A red lip may look bold...but you never know until you try it!
Swatches of the above mentioned products
Essence, Dior, Yves Rocher
On lips: Yves Rocher pure plaque gloss in rouge captivant

1 comment:

Alex said...

Hi there!

I also use the one from Yves Rocher - Lévres Fix'Intense. Well, i want to buy a new one cause mine is finished. Went to the yves rocher website, and found out they don't sell it in sweden anymore. Do you know where i can buy it?

Even if you don't, please get back to me :) at
alespa [ at ] kth.se

Thanks! :)