Friday, May 25, 2007

Birthday boom

Dear blog,

Sorry for not writing to you for so long. You must have missed me, but I am sorry to say that I didn’t miss you as much as you would have. Mr. Phone line has been strucked by lightning for a week and passed away. But miracles happen, somebody from Telekom saved his life and now he is very alive again with his ‘tuuut’ heart beat.

May for me is birthday month. And somehow everyone I know born in the month of may are very close to me. And also they are all closely joined together in the calender, and that makes me super poor in the month of May.
22nd may- best friend who moved to Australia, crystle
23 may- mummy dearest
24 may- second brother
25 may-one daybreak
26 may- best friend Kiran.
Please, I don’t want anymore-close people to be born in the month of May.

American idol has ended. And Sparks won. Yeah, I like her better than Blake, although Blake’s beat boxing is cool, but when there’s too much of it, it becomes boring with a capital B. He should join a beat-boxing contest. But his rendition of you give love a bad name was pretty cool.

My mum is so cute.
Semi-finals result, Melinda Doolitle goes home.
Mum-“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, what’s wrong with America, they are so racist, she is a heck of a singer but they don’t want to vote for her cause she’s black”
Sarah- Nolah, if Americans are racist they wouldn’t have voted for Ruben and Fantasia.
Mum- now no fun already watch American idol.
Sarah- Okay don’t watch then.

24th, America idol finals and mum’s birthday
Sarah- Lets go for dinner and celebrate your birthday?
Mummy- No need lah, I want to watch American idol.
Sarah- -_-
Mummy- I learnt a new word from American idol, beat boxing
Sarah- (thumbs up)

25th, results day
Mum- I wonder who will win, I am sure Jordin Sparks will, it was a clear cut.
Dad- No lah, I heard over the radio. The guy won.
Sarah and mum- What! Blake won. Yuck!
Mum- why you tell us, now no suspense already
Sarah- Yeah, what la you mouth so big.
Dad- What’s the guys name again?
Sarah- Blake Lewis
Dad- No that doesn’t sound like it, what’s the girls name then?
Sarah- Jordin sparks?
Dad- Yeah that one, I thought guy, I heard over the radio Jordan. Apa nama perempuan Jordin.
Sarah- -_-
Mum- what lah you tell us now no fun already.
Sarah- Double -_-
(Dad clearly isn’t a American idol follower)

No more idol fever, No more going crazy over Sanjaya, No more dispute among Simon and Ryan Seacrest. Now whats to watch on Wednesdays and Thursdays, hmmmmm...

3 comments:

Rui Shuang said...

haha. Sarah the way u write bout American Idol was damn cute la..

_xing pei_ said...

hei sarah..!! i know waht to watch on wednesdays... HEROES...!!!!! Ermm... 9-10pm... i tell you... its a super cool show..!!! =)

sarahyanli said...

haha, my mum and dad memang cute one. HEROES? okay ill see into that. I didnt know joy was xing pei