Monday, June 4, 2007

What do you do when everything around you is pitch dark?

What do you do when everything around you is pitch dark and eerily quiet?
Do you go to sleep?
Do you get scared and freeze up?
Do you start thinking of spooky stuff?



I light up a candle and embrace its warmth.








I start looking into my very own reflection in the puddle of hot burning wax.
And suddenly, very suddenly, I am gazing into my future.







I get so exhilarated, anxious and a whole other whirlpool of feelings plays about in my heart.
It captures peeks and glimpses of my up coming life here and there,
Some so clear and loud and some so blur and puzzling.







I must be dreaming. But I wasn’t the only one who seemed to capture the moment; my cat seemed to be as bewitched as me.




Abruptly, I came to my senses.
Why am I even looking into my future?
Wouldn’t my life be so predictable?
And what if I see horrible things, wouldn’t I get scared.
How am I going to live life if I know what my life brings me?
Life is supposed to be unplanned, spontaneous and full of suprises.

SO I blew off my future.





Everything seemed so surreal and pitch dark again.
I just blew off my future, the light of my life.






But I know somewhere else, there is a light shining even brighter than that candle and any other light source.
I may not see it, but I believe it.
And in that light, it holds my past, future and present.
And because I know, I live in content.

































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures and concept... :-)

sarahyanli said...

Thanks jean. I was inspired by the blackout my whole neighbourhood suffered from 10pm to 4 am. HAHA