Saturday, May 31, 2008

ART

Having to spend nearly a week at home, facing my laptop, eating, getting fat and not productive,
My fingers quivered at the hold of some paint brushes,
I opened my drawer, and staring at me were my old boxes of Buncho paint,
and SNAP!
I knew I had to paint!

My passion for drawing and painting has always been there,
and it doesn’t mean when you’re passionate about something,
You’re actually good at it, that’s reality.
I NEVER EVER EXCELED in art,
But my passion has always been there, until now.

So I grabbed my pencil and drawing block,
An empty blank piece of paper,
I shook my pencil back and fourth waiting for some inspiration to kick in,
It started with a rose, a nose, a lady, and then some hair.

While painting, I was telling myself repeatedly,
Art is abstract; the beauty of it is in the eye of the beholder.
Art is not perfect; it’s the little smudges and blots here and there that make each art piece so unique.

And there you have it, my art piece. (dont u dare think it's ugly)


*beams proudly at own art work*
*maybe I should show it to mummy and let her admire my art*
*run’s downstairs*

“Mummy! Look at what I painted!”
“Herm, see!”
“Nice or not?”
“Apa ni, macam primary school drawing”
“………………… *muka monyok*”
“Not bad la, like Picasso, abstract art”
“You want to frame it up, we can hang it here! (Raises painting to the wall)”
“Tak payah frame frame”
“…………………………”

Repeats to self,
“Art is abstract; the beauty of it is in the eye of the beholder.
Art is not perfect; it’s the little smudges and blots here and there that makes each art piece so unique.”

“Art is abstract; the beauty of it is in the eye of the beholder.
Art is not perfect; it’s the little smudges and blots here and there that makes each art piece so unique.”

Actually I think its not bad what?

16 comments:

mau said...

this is really good... > " <
i got like an almost 100% in art before but i dun think i can ever draw smth that good... > " <
chocho, u've got potential...

Anonymous said...

what! are u serious! dont tipu la, just because i ur cho cho. HAHAH. 100 in art, walao! where got such thing as perfect art

mau said...

i serious leh... last time in form 3 when we were drawing a vase... and that's why it's ALMOST 100%, not a 100% perfect... does that mean, my art work is already at the best? > " < ahahahaha

Anonymous said...

aunt sarah..i tink nt bad wat..truly an art product lo..haha,if me i wont be able to produce such a drawing,urs very nice ady..^^

Anonymous said...

sobs, all my life i have never been complimented for my art work. im truly touched. HAHA. and lee ming i not aunty K!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think it is beautiful... :)

Yi Lian Wong said...

it is marvellous, the drawing is great, but the painting still can be improved. this is ART!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jean! and thanks yi lian who i know can paint very well. ill certainly do more painting when i have the time.

Rui Shuang said...

NICE!
*thumbs up*

cluelessfreak said...

dear cousin.
itu hand terbalik lah.
but i give it a nice before realising dat. teo is a teo! ahahha

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA hand terbalik kan aku dah kata art tu tak perfect

Chen said...

Actually, I think you can be pretty good in fine art. Yes, art is abstract and I think you did better than a few of the illustrator out there... which I think their work suck to the max. Not my cup of tea. U so picasso-ish lah. Just my 2 cents worth of thought. Ehehehehe...

mau said...

tak baik punya kakak... that's how u appreciate chocho's masterpiece? perrr....

Anonymous said...

errrrrrrr tak faham! 2 cent worth of thinking is a bad thing is it, if not why u angry adrian

mau said...

isn't like 2 cents cheap? chocho's kinda paiting is worth like RM Infinity... > " <
wait... or is 2 cents worth of thought alot? i tak tau... i oni know ringgit and sen... > " <

Shulynn said...

i like ur drawing..hehe..draw more