Saturday, November 8, 2008

Time flies, yes, everyone knows it.

I won’t be in Kluang anymore tomorrow, ill be starting my second semester, so I’m returning to Malacca.

Having been at the place where I grew up my whole life these past two weeks have been truly enjoyable.

I was going through my box, where I keep all my stuff, and I realized that I’ve been truly blessed with caring people around me.

There are so many letters from people who were once and still are part of my life, here are some of them,

This one is from Rui Shuang, dated 27/09/04 and it part of it says,

Sarah, Thanks for your letter the other day…well, PMR is really really near. How’s your preparation? You are that kind of happy go lucky…So, you don’t have to study, just be happy. Haha, no matter what, I think, we have to put some effort in order to gain something. All of us have been studying really hard for these few weeks and I’m sure you can get execellent results. Let’s pray that both of us get good results and most importantly cannot fall sick..

Good luck and all the best!

Rui Shuang 10.19 p.m

Rui Shuang was one of my close friends in secondary school, she was a caring and supportive friend.

This is from Jeanette, dated 16/12/3005, but it was handed to me after a year she wrote it, it says,

Hi Sarah,

I just wanted to drop a note of encouragement to you. I’m really glad that you made the choice to become a Christian. However, I just want to remind you that there’s a long way more to go girl! It’s not just about attending YF or games, but really experiencing God’s work and power in your life. Don’t be afraid, things are always in Gods hands, trust and take heart, he IS there for you, this is called faith,

Adios, Jeanette.

Jeanette was one of my few Christians friends in class, I am forever thankful to them for being part of my journey of knowing God.

And of course, I have a fair share of letters and cards from my best friend, Kiran, she gave me a card before I left for MMU,

Hey, best of luck girl! I know you’re gonna rock MMU..but don’t forget me…aight? To love and youth! Take care gorgeous, and make sure to eat plenty of vitamins! K! love, Kiran.

Thanks for being there for me sweetie!

And it is always nice to be remembered during your birthday, this is from Yi Lian,

Happy Birthday Sarah! Haha, now not 14 already wor. Wish you got a very very very happy birthday..then hor become slim slim, always happy, get improvement in everything, then horr, aiyoh, difficult to say leh, so now I give u a golden wishing star, you can wish for anything you like…(then she drew a star)

It’s always nice receiving letters and cards, and this are part of my collection. They are so warm and meaningful, and reading them back brings memories and beautiful flashbacks of my past.

Things written in black and white always bring more value.

Although there are so much more that I have in mind to write, its 3 a.m, so I shall continue another day.

Thankful from my heart, sarah.

No comments: